4.02.2008

Roasted Walnut Oil - Huile de Noix


Organic Baby Greens, Toasted Walnuts, Kalamata Olives, Feta
Dressed with Roasted Walnut Oil and a Splash of Red Wine Vinegar


La Tourangelle handcrafts this Roasted Walnut Oil in California strictly following the 150-year-old traditional methods of its French sister oil mill. It is slowly roasted, expeller-pressed and lightly filtered.

I have to admit I was in an oil rut. Olive oil will still remain number one in my kitchen, but this flavorful roasted oil is exceptional in salads and I also look forward to using it in pasta dishes as well. I plan to try their Roasted Pistachio and Toasted Pumpkin Seed oils, too.


How do you like my fabulous new platter? 
A gift from Father Adam. Thanks FA! 
It is Mikasa China, Venice Pattern, Made in Japan.  
I especially like the way the food reflects off the black rim.