4.04.2008

Charlie Trotter's Guest Chef - Me!!!


Today is my birthday. The reason I am telling this tidbit of information to the world is to share my excitement over the coolest birthday gift from my brother, Don, and sister-in-law, Kristy. I will be the Guest Chef For The Day at Charlie Trotter's Restaurant in Chicago, spending the complete day in the kitchen including food preparation training and working on the line! Then after cooking from 2 PM to 9 PM, I change out of my chef's whites and sit down to dinner in the dining room with my family. Whoo! Hoo!

"Charlie Trotter's is regarded as one of the finest restaurants in the world. For 20 years, the restaurant has dedicated itself to excellence in the culinary arts. Never willing to rest on its laurels, Charlie Trotter's Restaurant is innovative and progressive in the world of food and wine and has been instrumental in establishing new standards for fine dining."

If any of my friends, including my blogger friends, are in Chicago on this particular summer evening (date to be determined), come to Charlie Trotter's (reservations required) and let me cook for you!

Thanks Don and Kristy. I love you. Whoo! Hoo!



A video profile of Charlie Trotter's eponymous restaurant.